Thoughts/ramblings as I foolishly stumble into the real world.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Updatez

So.  I took a job as Sound Engineer for the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival this summer, so I'll finally be able to take my cross-country road trip.  I'm hella excited.  I'll get to visit Kyle in San Francisco several times over the summer, see Phish in Berkeley, and do my drive down the California coast before returning back East in September (still pending future employment chances outside of DE).  I'll be the sound engineer for The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), mixing the show's area mics (it's an outdoor theater), and assisting on their live music series.

After that... who know...?

The ultimate goal is to get a job on a tour, but if I don't get that (or anything else) I'm prepared to move to NYC and start my life and career there.

The job search so far hasn't been a complete failure.  I've established rapport with companies who didn't have the spots for me this season, and I've made some good contacts.  Yay.  I also keep applying for crazy jobs that I'll never get like Franco Dragone Entertainment Group and Cirque du Soleil.  Maybe someday...

Also, as someone who has grown up with video games, works in an artistic field, and has studied film as art academically, I found this article by Roger Ebert very interesting.

Video Games Can Never Be Art

Enjoy.  I'm a relatively large Roger Ebert fan, but I have to disagree with him here.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

First off, excellent use of 'hella'; you will fit in well in Northern California! Second off, I have seen the Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged) several times here and it is awesome. I am wicked covetous of your forthcoming excellent summer!

Annie said...

That show is phenomenal. I got pulled to be their "Ophelia" last time I saw it. Enjoy your summer out West! I go every year and swear I'll move out there some day :-)