Thoughts/ramblings as I foolishly stumble into the real world.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things that have happened. to me. recently. maybe.

I'll just leave this right here...


There.  It's out of my system.  I feel better now.

So.  I went to see Avatar with Erinn.  It was... surprisingly entertaining.  Erinn was seeing it for the third time, but the first time in true IMAX.  I was amazed by how quickly I was immersed in the terrible story.  The 3D effects were really very amazing.  I want to see it again.  Maybe on drugs.  Just kidding(?)

The State of the Union address was uneventful.  I would have rather watched Jersey Shore.  No, seriously.

No, I'm kidding.  It was on in the background while I ate produce and played video games and talked about the Master Cleanse with Lauren and other people.  I am always entertained by the idiots like Chris Matthews and other stupid pundits and TV journalists who say ridiculous things like "I forgot he was black".  It's so painful to watch, yet so much fun to realize that people listen to these idiots as if they were speaking fact and not opinion.  From what I gathered, the speech itself mostly entailed Obama criticizing people and outlining some plans or something.  I'm not even sure.  Does that make me a bad person because I was more interested in making fun of pundits than listening to the speech itself?

Anyway, I'm currently sitting in tech doing what Erinn calls "sitting around for credit."  It's a bit different than my normal "sitting around getting paid" that I usually do.  However, this show apparently runs around 4.5 hours.  With no set.  Fun.  It does have some pretty awesome costumes, makeup, and masks. If you like Shakespeare and good acting from our graduate students, you should come see it.  If you like plays that are short and action packed, (ACTION PLAYS!!!!) maybe it's not for you.  You should come though.  Please.  Thanks.  The more shows you come to, the more likely it is that I make money eventually.

We're about to get hit with another snow storm thing tonight.  I shall, as per usual, make an epic journey into the center of New Jersey.

Now that we're approx. 15 pages into this play through 4 hours of tech, it's time for dinner.  Adios friends.

No comments: